Archipelago Choice – Christmas Quiz – Answers
A Happy ‘Lockdown’ New Year to all and sorry for using the geography questions twice. However, for a quick knowledge test I’ve now included the famous people questions and answers.
Let’s see how you all got on
- Name the 4 Portuguese speaking Archipelago’s of the Atlantic?
- How many inhabited islands are there in the Azores?
- What is the capital of São Tomé?
- Which of the Archipelago’s does the Gulf Stream pass through?
- Which island in Cape Verde has an active volcano?
- Name the small desert island off the coast of Madeira?
- What product is São Tomé famous for exporting?
- Where is the most Westerly point in Europe (not just mainland Europe)?
- What are the famous walking paths called in Madeira?
- What is the highest summit in Portugal?
- The Azores, Madeira, Cape Verde and Sao Tome
- Sao Tome City
- The Azores
- Porto Santo
- Monchique Islet
- Mt Pico
1st Picture Round Answers:
- Where are Jake, Max and Paul? Sete Cidades on Sao Miguel in the Azores
- What type of whale is this? Humpback
- Can you name this valley in Madeira? Nuns Valley
- What is growing through the window? Tea
- Name the Mountain Max is standing on? Mt Pico
- Name the famous footballer from Madeira?
- Name the famous Italian Explorer who visited the island of Santa Maria in the Azores?
- Name the famous Cape Verdean singer who died in 2011?
- Name the famous café on the island of Faial (first name will be OK)?
- Which UK royals visited the Azores on their honeymoon?
- Name the American President and UK Prime minister who met on the Azores island of Terceira?
- Name the UK reality show participant (Castaway), who, for a short time was asked to promote the Azores?
- Name the American consul who founded the Terra Nostra Botanical Gardens in the Azores?
- Name the most handsome UK football manager from Portugal?
- Name the famous Canadian female singer, whose family was originally from the Azores?
Famous People Answers:
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Christopher Columbus
- Cesária Évora
- Peter’s Café Sport#
- Andrew and Fergie
- George W Bush and Tony Blair
- Ben Fogle
- Thomas Hickling
- Jose Mouriinho
- Nelly Furtado
2nd Picture Round Answers:
- Name the tropical island: Principe
- Name the island in Cape Verde where the carnival is held: Sao Vicente
- Name this famous hotel in Madeira? Reids
- Name this famous beech on Principe? Banana Beach
- How long does it take to fly direct from the UK to the Azores? 4hrs
- How long is a piece of string?
- What two things can you never eat for breakfast?
- What word is spelled incorrectly in every single dictionary?
- What starts with “e” and ends “e” but only has one letter in it?
- Forwards I am heavy, but backwards I’m not. What am I?
- You spot a boatful of people but there isn’t a single person on board. How is that possible?
- Name four days of the week that start with the letter “t”?
- What happened when a wheel was invented?
- What English word has 3 consecutive double letters?
- Finally – What has four wheels and flies?
- Twice as long as it is from the middle to the end
- Lunch and Dinner
- Envelope (but there are others)
- They are all married people
- Tuesday, Thursday, Today and Tomorrow
- It caused a revolution
- Garbage or Rubbish truck
Finally – It looks like travel is now back on the menu, so if you have a hankering for one of the Portuguese Archipelagos then please call or email me and we’ll do all we can to help
Happy New Year and I’ll send some ‘positive energy’ to get us through the next few months.
Can’t stop thinking about travel